It only took a week for us to adopt another doggy and fill the giant hole you left. We were sad, so we went to an adoption stand just to look, and everyone knows how that ends up. *g*
His name is Sawyer, he’s a fluffy husky/collie mix, he’s almost 5 times your weight, and you would LOVE bossing him around. *g* He’s so different from you: he gobbles up food and is food and treat motivated, he’s completely submissive, and is always super eager to please; whereas you were my “I do what I want!” princess who bossed all the other doggies around. :) He came home on March 31, 2015. Here's his gotcha day pic:
And here he is comforting me during his first week home. I couldn't stop crying over you.
In fact, Sawyer and I first strongly bonded when I was sitting on the floor crying about missing you, and he came over and leaned against me and I cried into his fur. He's very absorbent.
He sat in your bed during his first few weeks home. He didn't fit too well. :)
Now that bed is in dad's office, and he likes to curl up there. (He does have his own bed btw.)
I realize this is your blog, and I'm writing about the doggy we adopted after you left, but I'm trying to focus on happy things and think about how much you and Sawyer would get along. You may not have both been able to fit on the same bed, but you could have barked him off of it.
Thinking of you today and always, Lacey. <3


I bet dey woulda had a pawsome time together.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteHi Sawyer!
I am pawleased to meet you! Woofs!
Bow wow, Sawyer is a wonderful pup. My name is Christmas and I am a 2 year old Dachshund running for da mayor of Blogville! My momma donates to doggy rescues every time someone joins our blog www.pawprovince.com so do you think you could give us a follow? Thanks!
ReplyDelete