About Me

My photo
Woof! I'm Lacey the mini schnauzer. I'm a feisty senior girl who has lots to say!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Blood work and teeth cleaning

As mom tells me often (sigh, thanks mom), my breath is terrible and I need my teeth cleaned.  So yesterday we went to the v-e-t so they could do some blood work. The vet said my blood work was “all basically normal”, but of course mom had to call back to find out what the not normal stuff was. Of course. BOL   The vet said my globulin level is high, normal is 3.6 but mine’s 4.5. A high globulin level is consistent with me though, heck, last August it was 5.0, and the vets ran all these tests and found nothing. Anypaw!  But, my albumin and liver and kidney values were normal, so that’s good…

.. wait a second, those being good meant the vet told mom he sees no reason not to proceed with the dental. Drats! Well, ok, I do need my teethers cleaned, and those dental cleaning pads mom uses aren’t getting much of my tartar off, and I hate them, and I don’t like tooth cleaning treats (have I mentioned how picky I am lately? BOL), so I guess I don’t have much choice.  At least mom will stop bugging me about my bad breath, geez. And it’s not like I don’t eat mostly mushy soft foods already anyways cause it’s what I like the best.

BOL, mom posted about this stuff on the facebooks and a bunch of her friends said their doggies who are or were the same age as me, their doggies did fine. Stop worrying mom, geez. But keep up the pets and treats of course! Woof!

Oh! My teeth cleaning is scheduled for Tuesday. Mom started giving me liquid antibiotics yesterday – YUK!!

Hope everypup has a good weekend! Mom says it’s supposed to be a beautiful weekend and we’re gonna spend as much of it outside as we can!  Just like I did yesterday, woof!

I love my yard!

Luv, 
Lacey the nature girl!

6 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat LaceyGrrl. When my bobbim blew out, the vet man told Daddy I need my toofs cleaned. I hadta wait 'til I wuz done takin my aunty buy ot icks. Now we are jus waitin fur a Monday when Daddy don't haveta work so's he can take me an Mommy will stay home with Tux. Ugh
    We'll be thinkin of yu Toosday and sendin good thoughts yur way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had my toofers cleaned - I was so barky I got sprung early becuz I were irramatatin everyone! BOL! Sending good thoughts to you on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey Lacey .... you'll be fine! Take Whitley's advice though and bark the place down and you might get to go home early too. I'll be thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sendin' good thoughts your way on Tuesday, Lacey...

    Yeah, Whitley was so loud they called my Momma and said we could go home evfun though I was still a lil bit groggy (I went second w/ da cleanin')... she were barkin' so nonstop she were drivin' 'em nutso.

    Welcome to my world, Dr. Shawn...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes...I remember that teeth cleaning time about 6 weeks ago...
    but all is fine and no one thinks I am gonna be 12...
    They didn't say if I was a barker dude at the vet place though...

    Soon you will have a sweet kissable schnooter!

    Will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete